because flying is the ultimate superpower
AcroYoga is the fusion of simple Acrobatics & Partner Yoga for all levels of participants – focusing on partnership, trust, community and health, creating amazing shapes linked together into stunning flows.
Essentially learning to fly and effortlessly weight lift your friends; you will literally and figuratively elevate each other to new heights.
Not only will it improve your strength, flexibility and communication on all levels, it can help the mind too, to find the inner strength and confidence in your own life.
The important thing is to take a playful approach and enjoy yourself – no experience or even a partner is necessary – and as long as you have some movement background then you should be able to practice.
So begin your journey today and join our acro community of fun and friendship.
About the session
Come and discover the joy of Acro in a safe and supported environment. We will breakdown the fundamentals, learn the correct techniques and conditioning that will allow you to create effortless flight and defy gravity in this empowering activity, with lots of laughter as you attempt poses you never thought possible.
Skills covered in a series are – Basing – Flying – Spotting – AcroYoga poses – Transitions, Sequences & Flows – Inversions – Partner stretching – Therapeutic Flying
- Build strength
- Improve concentration
- Free your mind
- Have fun
- Enhance flexibility
- Build better relationships
- Overcome fears
- Work out the entire body
- Improve balance & Posture
Preparing for your session
- Cleanliness is important when working closely with others, so please come to class fresh as a daisy! And bring a towel to class too
- Wear comfortable gear that allows free movement and won’t interfere with a partners grip. Shorts and t-shirt for lads, leggings and tight top for ladies
- Supportive underwear is recommended… we will be going upside down!
- All classes, for instructors and students, are in bare feet
- Grey team hoodie – £35, available from the studio
- Please do not apply lotions or oils to hands and feet prior to a class
- Hair should be managed to ensure safety during lifts
- All jewellery should be removed by the class starts
- Chewing gum is not allowed during any AcroYoga class
- Students with medical history or current conditions (including but not limited to seizures, neuromuscular, renal, cardiac, insulin/diabetic, pregnant or chronic skeletal problems, disorders or diseases) must seek doctors approval prior to participation
- Please don’t forget to join our Facebook group – ‘AcroDanceYogaZumba – members only’. We post regular updates and reminders, as well as being a great forum to ask questions, which other parents might help with
Studio Rules & Payment information
- Registration and payment must be received in advance to guarantee a space before the start of each term
- 6 week course £36. £8 drop in is available for anyone with AcroYoga experience
- Payment can be made in cash (in marked envelope) or by online transfer (please email for details)
- No refunds will be made due to absent because of illness or holidays
- Studio doors will open 10 minutes before class
- Photos and videos of students may be taken during studio sessions and may be used by Acro Dance Studios for promotions in publications, press articles, promotional material and websites – you may opt out by request at the time
- No food or fizzy drinks are permitted in the studio
- No outdoor shoes at allowed in the studio
- Drinks and snacks are allowed in the changing room
- All bags and belongings are left in the changing room at your own risk
- Car parking is available in the disc zone – 2 hour maximum
- In the unlikely event of any class cancellations due to teacher illness, extreme weather or any other unforeseen circumstances, we will either provide an extra class or offer amend fees for the following term