We offer the following dance class which includes styles to compliment Acro – Contemporary, Modern, Ballet, Jazz and Cheer.
– an expressive dramatic style that combines elements of several disciplines including modern, lyrical, ballet and jazz, connecting body and mind through fluid dance movements using versatility and improvisation. Students will work towards examinations and show numbers
– ideal for those who wish to perform on stage and in musical theatre. Modern covers a broad genre of theatrical, jazz and commercial dancing. Students will work towards examinations and show numbers
– a classical style of expressive dance that requires precision, elegance, poise and grace – skilled and artistic – and often used in theatrical story telling. ISTD Dance syllabus is renowned for its world class high quality and professional training ensuring your child is receiving the best possible form of ballet tuition. Each child will work towards shows & examinations (approximately every 12-18 months) where they will demonstrate and perform barre work, series of technical centre exercises and dances.
– students enjoy learning turns, kicks, leaps and will be taught a range of Broadway, West End & Commercial styles of dance using a combination of freeform movement sass and style, perfect for a show number.
– an intense and physical class of organized routines, which include modern dance, jazz jumps and turns and acrobatic tumbling, lifts and stunts.
About the Session
The class begins with a high energy, fun, dance warm-up that will prepare the body for further exercise by increasing your heart rate and loosening the joints. Next, time is taken to focus on strength and flexibility, which is hugely important in dance. Ballet is the foundation for all dance, so 20 minutes each lesson is dedicated to this – learning ballet techniques will ensure you flourish in all the other dance styles… Every lesson includes corner work consisting of coordination exercises, jumps and turns to improve technique followed by a routine that relates to the agenda.
We believe using this mixed dance class is essential to becoming a good all-round dancer. We strongly recommend this class to all our Acro students that don’t take another dance class somewhere else. The genres compliment Acro perfectly for our students but are also ideal for complete beginners looking to get all-round dance training. Term by term we will concentrate on different disciplines and work towards our exams in Ballet, Modern and Contemporary, medals and show performances, which is important if students are to gain the confidence to perform for large crowds.
Exam Boards: National Association of Teacher of Dancing (NATD), Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD), Cheerdance UK
Teachers: Daniella Clarke
Laura Davies & Samara Coxon